Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel in Dealer's Choice 240

Drugstore
Price:  $7-$8
Rating:  ☺☺☺


Pros
+Revlon's Color Stay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel in Dealer's Choice 240 is a deeper and more vibrant teal with a subtle silver shimmer; this is a great variation if you're looking to switch up the mint trend
+Pigmented; but requires two coats for smooth and even application
+Dries fairy quickly, despite how viscous the formula is
+Indeed, long-wearing:  I don't usually comment about durability, but my experience with this nail polish was pretty remarkable, considering that I didn't use a base or top coat, along with the fact that I've been pretty busy with my hands lately.  It's been almost a week and there is minimal, minuscule chipping on my right hand at the very tips of my nails; my left hand is still perfect, surprisingly.  I've scrubbed dishes without wearing gloves, scrubbed counters, chopped vegetables, peeled shellfish, dismantled cardboard boxes, relocated storage boxes, picked at stubborn labels, opened stubborn plastic caps off beauty/hair products with my nails...the polish is holding up pretty well, even more so than what I've experienced with O.P.I polishes

Cons
-The formula is really thick, which makes it tricky to apply, especially since the brush is wider--too much, it will pool up; too little, it will streak
-This particular shade (I don't know about the others) stains your nails.  I'm pretty peeved.  I omitted using a base coat because the formula is marketed as a base + color nail polish in one.  Now I have hulk nails.

Notes
.The Color Stay Gel Envy line is supposed to be a two-step system, following with the application of the Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat, which provides a protective coating for long lasting strength and shine.  If you just use the nail polish on its own, it will have a minimal gloss finish.
.Use a base coat



No comments:

Post a Comment