Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Liebster Blog Award, #1



Thank you Yomi for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award :)

Rules:

  • You must link back the person who nominated you
  • You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
  • You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers 
  • You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
  • You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees


Yomi's Questions:

1.  How do you feel being nominated?
Immensely flattered.  It's always great to hear from other bloggers and readers.

2.  If you can only pick one product for your makeup, which one will you pick? Why?
Foundation.  Having flawless skin is very key to looking and feeling great--aaand it's something I don't have.  Yet.  Fake it till you make it~

3.  Why did you start this blog?
I realized I was very excessive in my beauty purchases.  Unfortunately, the products didn't always work out, so rather than simply throwing things away, I figured it would be less wasteful if I at least wrote reviews about them to help others out.

4.  Do you have any future plans for your blog?
I'm deciding whether or not to change the layout of this blog in order to keep better track of my page views.  For aesthetic reasons however, I might just leave it as it is.

5.  What is your favorite phrase?
It's not necessarily my favorite, but this is something I tend to remind myself and others a lot:  "Life is short, but it is wide.  This too shall pass."

6.  What do you hate hearing from others?
"That's nasty."
Nasty is one of those words that sound exactly like what it means.  I used to sit near someone in high school that gossiped every day about other girls and their weight--"God, I mean look at her.  That's nasty."  It was really disrespectful, derogative and unecessary.  I find that when people (particularly girls) use that phrase, more often than not,  they say it very hatefully.  It really gets on my nerves.

7.  What is your favorite scent?
I don't have a specific, all time favorite scent, but I do have a favorite type of scent:  fresh, soapy fragrances (ex.  Dove and Irish Spring).

8.  Who is your favorite blogger?
Jen from http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/.  

9.  Do you have animals? Tell us about your pets.
I have a little brother, which is almost like having an animal...Hah!  Actually, I have a cat named Aldo.  I was a bit reclusive during my first year at Davis, so my housemates had an intervention and suggested that I adopt a cat for company.  My friend Eric helped me name him:  When we entered our apartment, he named him the first thing he read after stepping through the door--which happened to be my roommate's shoe box:  ALDO.  So yes, my cat is named after the shoe store.  To give you an idea of how much he means to me, if I had to choose between Aldo and my makeup (as in never wearing any for the rest of my life),  it would be my cat.

Aldorable.

10.  Why did you choose that name for your blog?
If you don't know already, I actually share TheLadyntheTramp with a very close friend of mine who also has terrible spending habits when it comes to cosmetics.  The hardest part about starting our beauty blog was thinking up of a name that related to the both of us.  After about an hour of spewing out nonsense, she randomly suggested TheLadynTramp.  For clarification, the title is not related to the Disney movie, and neither does it pertain to her being a hoe (T.) or me being a square (L.).  She was referring to our fashion/beauty personalities!  I tend to be more conservative while she prefers daring avant-garde styles.

We've known each other since we were 9 :)


My Questions 
I'm going to change things up a little here...if you want to answer these questions, feel free to leave a  comment or write your own post.  I'd love to read your answers :)

1.  What is the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
2.  If you had to ask someone out, how would you do it?
3.  What are 3 of your favorite quotes?
4.  If x + money = happiness, what is x?  Explain.
5.  What did you study in school and are you happy with your decision?  If not, what would you have chosen instead?
6.  What is your happiest childhood memory and what makes it so special?
7.  What are people usually surprised to know about you?
8.  If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
9.  Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?
10.  Who is your favorite blogger?


My Nominees



Hope to hear from everyone soon,

♥  L.  


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering the questions!

    I am surprised that you got this award for the first time...

    Anyway I am glad that I found you too! I hope to see you more around!

    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for nominating my blog! And just wanted to say i love your blog :)

    Karolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me Chantal! Check out my answers to your answers on my blog :D

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean *my answers to your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the awesome award!

    ___________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog 'Heylinni' at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete