Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss, Lingering Spice 265

Drugstore
Price:  $5-$6
Rating:  ☺☺☺☺☺!


Wait, Cover Girl makes a nail polish?  Apparently they did have them before, but their first line "Boundless Color" didn't do so well and was discontinued awhile back.  Don't let that discourage you though, I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up with.  Actually, pretty pleased might be an understatement...the color I picked is actually one that I've been looking for for quite awhile and even tried mixing on my own (and failed miserably...).  It's a coral shade with an artificial strawberry pink undertone.  It's not too fluorescent like many corals I've come across--this one is softer, but still bright enough for a fun pop of color.  Very appropriate for Spring and Summer.

Now as much as I adore this nail polish, it's a bit misleading in terms of its name and online photo. This is the photo they have for Lingering Spice:


You can see why I was confused when I was trying to look up the name of 256 (the bottle only gives you the product number).  Clearly, that is a plum color.  That's my only gripe, but it's a small matter in the scheme of things.  I'm definitely looking forward to trying more of these polishes.  Stay tuned!      

Pros
+Easy application
+Smooth, creamy formula
+Quick drying
+Glossy finish

Notes
.Two coats for full coverage
.Under certain lighting, the nail polish will appear more red.  Under others, more pink.

.I have no comment on the staying power of this nail polish.  It claims it can last for a week without chipping, but don't they all?  If you haven't noticed yet, I don't usually have anything to say about the staying power of any nail polish I've reviewed.  I feel that the staying power of nail polish depends more on what you do with your hands than the actual formula itself.  I used to work in a kitchen for three years.  Nothing I've ever worn withstood a day.

Nothing.

Not O.P.I, not China Glaze, not essie, not Julep.  I could go on.  Wearing a top coat and keeping my nails shorter helped some, but that was the most I could do to preserve my manicure.  The more you use your hands, or the more active you are, the faster and higher the chance your nails will chip.  That's all there is to it.

You can see the pink undertone more in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment