Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: Physicians Formula Eyebooster 2-in-1 Felt Tip Eyeliner + Serum, Black


Drugstore 
Price:  $11
Rating:  ☹



To be perfectly honest, this is one of the worse eyeliners I have ever tried.  From what I can see from other people's reviews, you either love it or you hate it--this probably has to do with your skin type.  In my case, I have incredibly oily skin, so this product did not work out for me at all.  

Now that I've finally done a review, I can throw it out without feeling too wasteful.  Cheers.  

Pros

+Hypoallergenic
+Paraben free
+Gluten free
+Suitable for sensitive skin and eyes

Cons
-Not smudge proof or waterproof (though, to be fair, it never claimed to be).  Do not tight line with this--even the packaging says so.  Stay away if you have oily/combination skin, it'll melt and run down your face the moment you start feeling hot.  
-Felt tip too large to draw clean and precise lines
-Difficult application:  Skips and drags on eyelid
-Not pigmented and applies unevenly (the ink is a bit watery):  Too sheer for my liking; it's also very streaky.  You can darken it by layering, but since I have enough trouble drawing a clean line as it is, I'm not going to go over it and risk ruining whatever I manage to actually etch out.
-Smells strongly of marker.

Notes
.Store horizontally for best results.
.No comment on whether or not this helps with lash growth since I don't plan on attempting to use this product ever again.  It's not salvageable with my skin type, which is incredibly oily.
.I can see this product working for people with dry skin--however, I still wouldn't recommend that you try it due to difficult application.

Streaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment