Sunday, January 13, 2013

Review: Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen, Cameo

Amazon
Price: $22
Rating:  ☺☺☺☺



Pros
+Nude pink
+Smooth application; doesn't feather, bleed off the edges, or leave patches and texture on your lips
+Buildable:  provides sheer to medium coverage
+Lightweight, creamy formula
+Moisturizing
+Subtle sheen, satin finish:  very natural looking
+Great for a neutral look
+Low maintenance:  You don't have to constantly touch up your lipstick because this shade is so neutral.  It fades naturally into your lip color and stains it somewhat, so it's not as noticeable as it comes off throughout the day
+Scent-free, flavor-free
+Not tested on animals

Cons
-While the packaging is pretty, I don't particularly like it in terms of functionality.  The cap is difficult to remove (Take note, it's a pull off cap.  This is important to remember) and it doesn't twist smoothly.  However, my main complaint is that when you twist the tube while the cap is on, the bullet actually rises--it can twist all the way up and smash the tip of your lipstick against the end of the cap, reducing it to a stub of its former glory (Yes.  This happened to me.  I thought I was supposed to twist the cap off...).  Normally, when capped, lipsticks are locked into place so that this doesn't happen.  I can say this because I tested my all my drugstore ones, from Wet n Wild to Revlon, to even Za (a drugstore lipstick I bought from Taiwan); all of them lock when capped.  However, the good thing is, now you know and hopefully you won't repeat the same mistake I made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment