Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: MAC Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

M.A.C. Stores/Counters/MAC Website
Price: $28
Rating:   ☺☺☺☺


Scrub away dull, dead skin cells to reveal radiant new skin underneath! <-- That's a bit lame, isn't it? 
MAC's Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator is a sugar crystal scrub containing "natural Volcanic Ash" that promises to unclog pores, moisturize, and cleanse.  I use this once or twice week after removing all of my makeup. It does a great job at sloughing off the dead skin and tiny whiteheads at the sides of my nose, and it doesn't give me that tight, itchy feeling afterwards. My skin feels noticeably smoother and slightly brighter. The grit on this product is much less abrasive than the cult-favorite St. Ive's Apricot Scrub. There is a natural, earthy smell that lingers a for a little while after you rinse off, but I don't find it offensive. The best part of this product is a little gimmicky, it's black! How cool is it to apply it to your face and walk out into the living room to scare your roommates/family? I am guilty of pulling this prank on multiple occasions, but it gets them everytime! I admit, the price is a little high for a facial scrub, but you are putting this on your face. So if you're willing to make the investment, give this a try!


1 comment:

  1. You should try my handmade charcoal facial scrub. It definitely gives this one a run for it's money!!! I made it from SCRATCH. I list my ingredients too. I can't find the ingredients to this scrub anywhere!!

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/85003211/facial-scrub-bamboo-activated-charcoal?ref=shop_home_active_4

    ReplyDelete