Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads


Drugstore
Price: $5-7
Rating: ☺☺



I recently spied a 2-pack of these makeup remover pads on sale at Target for $7 and couldn't resist purchasing them despite my loyalty to the Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover.  A single jar contains 80 hypoallergenic pads designed for sensitive eyes.  Each jar is sealed with a foil cover which I foolishly ripped off and tossed in the garbage can before realizing that the makeup remover evaporates EXTREMELY quickly.  The pads worked great the first few times I used them. A single pad could take off the eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara off both eyes.  I was seriously impressed.  After the third use, the efficiency of the pads greatly declined, I started using 3-4 pads and a lot of scrubbing to remove my makeup. I tried storing them upside down which helped a little bit, but didn't restore the original performance.  If you plan to purchase, I suggest only peeling off a fraction of the foil cover and leaving the rest to prevent drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment