Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation, 'Light Beige 160'

Drugstore
Price:  $10-$12
Rating:  ☺☺☺


Pros
+Lightweight
+Evens out skin tone  
+Doesn't clog pores
+SPF 16

Cons
-It's very difficult to control the amount of product that comes out of the can due to the dispenser; I find it to be really stiff.  You only need a walnut-sized amount (e.g. top photo), but a lot more tends to come out because I usually end up pressing the nozzle too hard--it's impossible to press "lightly"

Notes
.I suggest picking a shade that's two shades lighter than what you usually wear.  I tend to wear 'nude' (which usually works for light-medium skin tones), but because you can't see the actual product, I went off the simulated color shades shown on the cans.  The 'nude' looked a little too dark so I went for the lighter shade in 'light beige' which seemed closer to the coloring of my other foundations, but it was still too dark.  
.This foundation is very sheer, so I would recommend it for people who have fairly nice skin with minor blemishes and scars
.This is a very watery foundation that spreads really easily; a little goes a long way

Tips
.Remember to give the bottle a good shake before using, otherwise the coloring will be off
.Because this product dries fairly quickly, take small dabs and work it into your face one section at a time, blending with short, circular motions for a flawless finish

No comments:

Post a Comment