Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Review: Confetti, 'Bayou Blue 018'

Drugstore
Price: $2
Rating: ☺☺☺


Pros
+Fun, bright blue
+"3 free":  doesn't contain toluene, formaldehyde, or DBP
+True to color
+Glossy finish
+Although the formula is a bit runny and gloopy, the polish applies smoothly and dries fairly evenly after two coats

Cons
-I don't know if it's just my bottle, but there's occasional bits of grainy substance in the polish.  Each time I've used this, I've found that the grains only appear on the first nail I've painted--however, the rest of the nails I do afterward are usually clean of this residue.
-Minimal streaking; it's not that noticeable unless you stare at it intensely, but it's a really minor issue

Notes
.Yes, you get what you pay for--however, these are quite decent for the price--thus, ff you get a whimsical urge to splurge on nail polish and you feel adventurous in trying out new colors, I'd recommend this brand.  They have a variety of shades that you can play around with without feeling guilty about your purchase since they're only $2 a bottle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment