Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres Glossy Stain, 'No.7 Corail Aquatique'

Sephora, YSL Counters
Price: $32
Rating: ☺☺☺☺☺!





This is Yves Saint Laurent's newest lip product for Spring 2012, it is a unique hybrid liquid lip gloss that doubles as a stain. It comes housed in YSL's signature gold packaging and you apply with an ergonomic doe foot applicator that smooths on just the right amount of product. When you first apply, the gloss feels very thin and watery on the lips, but after a few seconds, it will thicken up and adhere to the lips for hours. This is the longest wearing lip gloss I own, including the infamous sticky MAC lip glasses. I purchased No.7 Corail Aquatique, which is a peachy pink coral with subtle gold shimmer. Although most "natural" colored lip glosses tend to fade fast, I get nearly 6 hours of wear with this product. I'm sure I can achieve an even longer wear time with the darker colors. I can drink and have lengthy conversations and not have to worry about reapplying my lipcolor. After the first 3-4 hours, or after eating, the glossy layer will gradually disappear, leaving behind a light coral stain. The gloss fades evenly, the stain does not dry out my lips, and it does a great job of filling in lip lines. Basically, this is the coolest thing since sliced bread. If you don't mind the exorbitant price, pick one up and experience the magic for yourself!


Corail Aquatique gloss (left), Stain (right)


Note: The longer you leave the gloss on, the more pigmented the stain becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment