Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: Preserve Toothbrush

Trader Joe's
Price: $3
Rating: ☺☺☺☺☺!

What if a toothbrush could clean the earth as well as your mouth?


So I don't really believe in getting all fancy with the bells and whistles when it comes to buying a toothbrush--after all, it's not about the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean...something like that, you know what I mean.

But I'll reiterate for those still confused: Keeping your teeth clean has a lot more to do with your technique than it has to do with your brush. A simple one will do, trust me. I've been using a Preserve toothbrush for about half a year now as opposed to my usual super duper "specially designed" one from Colgate--just last week, I went to the dentist for a check up and he actually gave me an A for once (SCORE!!!). Why? It's because I've been more diligent in maintaining my oral hygiene. Really, that's all there is to it.

Pros
+Soft, tiered bristles; easy on the gums
+Ergonomic, easy-to-grip curved handle
+Reasonably priced ($2.99)
+Made from recycled plastic yogurt containers
+BPA free
+The packaging doubles as a prepaid return mailer: After about 3 months, just slip your retired toothbrush in and return it to Preserve where it'll be further recycled into plastic lumber for picnic tables and boardwalks.

Cons
None.

Notes
.This toothbrush is not recyclable in municipal recycling because it contains mixed materials (nylon and polypropylene), so remember to keep its original packaging and ship it back when you're done with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment