Thursday, September 1, 2011

Review: Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Drugstore
Price Range: $11
Rating: ☺☺☺

High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step!


This eyeliner has the LONGEST name EVER. I recently bought this at Target for
$11. It is not available on the Target website and not all Target stores carry it, but most other drugstores do have it for a couple bucks more. I decided to pick this up because of the advertised "precise brush-tip applicator". One of my major annoyances with doing my signature cat eye is general unevenness. The thicker the applicator, the harder it is to draw the sharp angles I like. With this eyeliner, I can make super thin, clean lines effortlessly. My preferred eyeliner is of the gel/cream consistency, but I wake up way too early in the morning to whip out a brush and unscrew the cap on my Fluidline, so an eyeliner pen like this is uber convenient for groggy mornings and travelling.

Compared to my usual Loreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense, this produces a much finer line. Unfortunately, the color itself is not quite as black as I would like.
From Left to Right: Loreal Lineur Intense/PF Eye Booster (in varying degrees of thickness)
*Excuse my veiny, yellow hand.

As you can see, the PF Eye Booster does make very fine lines, but requires a couple of passes in order to achieve the same depth of color as the Loreal Lineur Intense. On the plus side, the drying time on the PH Eye Booster is much faster because the brush does not hold as much product as the Loreal, which is very wet. The lasting power of the PF is definitely better than the Loreal. The slightly amount of moisture will cause the Loreal to flake off and smear. The PF is highly resistant to moisture and smudging, even on 8-hour school days. I took a shower after doing these swatches and the Loreal instantly started flaking off after water exposure. The PF stuck to my hand through my entire shower until I rubbed it off at the end.

Now, I can't make any claims about the "lash boosting" function of this liner since I don't wear it everyday. Honestly, I doubt it will perform any miracles on my sad Asian lashes no matter how long I use it for. Overall, I think this is a good liner for oily-lidded people who don't mind a softer black liner (also comes in brown). However, I will say that the $11 price tag on these is ridiculous for a drugstore liner. Your best bet is to get them on BOGO or use Ulta coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment